The Cottonport Bank
Main

Our History

In the beginning

On June 21, 1902, The Cottonport Bank was founded by Mr. G.W. Sentell, Dr. C.J. Ducote, Mr. Tom M. Mathews, and other prominent residents of Cottonport and the surrounding areas. On September 15 of the same year, the bank opened for business with a capital stock of $25,000. Dr. C.L. Ducote was the first president of The Cottonport Bank from 1902 until 1909. Mr. Tom Matthews was the first Cashier. The first board of directors consisted of F. J. Caillouet, Oscar Bordelon, A.O. Boyer, L.A. Swann, Theophile Lemoine, E.Z. Gauthier, Louis Escude, and L.A. Ducote.

Growing

In 1915, a new branch was built on the corner of Cottonport Ave. and Main St. In 1951, the building was remodeled and air conditioning was installed. At that time, this branch was considered by many to be one of the finest financial institutions in the state. In 1927, The Cottonport Bank absorbed the struggling Farmers’ Bank, which was located in Cottonport. The building that is presently used was built in 1978. The first branch of the bank was built in Plaucheville in 1974.

Our Community

Here at The Cottonport Bank, our community is our top priority. As we have grown over the past century, we are always looking out for our customers, and the community that we represent. Not only are we localized in the Avoyelles Parish region, but we are also proud to have branches in Baton Rouge, New Roads, and Brusly.

Our Mission Statement

To make sound decisions and exceed our customers' expectations of service while maximizing the number of products we sell them as their trusted advisor for banking, insurance, and investments.